Kappa Alpha Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kappa Alpha Order

Delta Alpha Chapter

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Future Event Planning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Carithers
Admin
Carithers

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Future Event Planning Empty
PostSubject: Future Event Planning   Future Event Planning EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 9:19 pm

Chicken made the sujestion that Future Events such as homecoming it would not
be a bad idea to start and alumni committee to help coordinate things such as
food and tables plus i know there are several guys that make some great BBQ

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://Paws.wcu.edu/kaorder/alumni
chicken95

chicken95

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Future Event Planning   Future Event Planning EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 9:21 pm

Yea, I was thinking that perhaps the Homecoming (Sat morning) festivities could be done by a committee of Alumni. NOT that there was anything wrong at all with the tailgating!!! (wanted to make sure that was clear) The food and everything was perfect.

However, with not being able to do as much as we used to do with pledges, stricter policies on tailgating (what time you can get out there, parking, etc), more brothers living on campus via the "condo", and other things that have changed over the years, it seems that the Alumni now are in better position to coordinate the pre-football game festivities.

I think we are in better shape to bring up items to use such as grills, tables, chairs, etc. I think a small committee (5-8 ) of active Alumni can coordinate this and make things a lot easier on the Active Chapter. ....And it would be a nice thing that the Alumni can begin doing for the Actives each year.

As we've all seen, the days of having the pledges reserve our parking space at the baseball lot at 2am are over. Also gone are the days of the Alumni showing up in a UHAUL truck the night before to go ahead and get their parking space.

Anyway, I just wanted us to entertain the idea of us doing something for Actives.

LASTLY.... WE ALL OWE MARK ROGERS AND DR. JIM A BIG THANKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK THEY PUT INTO THIS ORDER AND CHAPTER!!! THANKS GUYS!!!!
Back to top Go down
k_b_stephens

k_b_stephens

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Future Event Planning   Future Event Planning EmptyMon Oct 29, 2007 3:07 pm

Sounds good to me!
Back to top Go down
chicken95

chicken95

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Future Event Planning   Future Event Planning EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 5:21 pm

I talked with Rocky and he is all about catering this for us. For those of you that don't know, he has gone professional and placed pretty well in some regional BBQ competitions.

We will have to wait until the 2008 football schedule is created because he may have a conflict with a certain weekend. So when that time comes I guess we'll go from there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future Event Planning   Future Event Planning Empty

Back to top Go down

Future Event Planning
Page 1 of 1