Kappa Alpha Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kappa Alpha Order

Delta Alpha Chapter

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chapter receives the Ammen award

Go down 
+2
CanAmMan
nplevi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
nplevi

nplevi

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Chapter receives the Ammen award Empty
PostSubject: Chapter receives the Ammen award   Chapter receives the Ammen award EmptySun Feb 11, 2007 11:18 pm

Good news from the active chapter, Delta Alpha has received the Ammen award for chapter excellence.

Read more at the website http://paws.wcu.edu/kaorder/alumni/Memo.htm
Back to top Go down
http://wcuka.com
CanAmMan

CanAmMan

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Chapter receives the Ammen award   Chapter receives the Ammen award EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 8:02 am

Congrats on the award!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.canamsports.net
k_b_stephens

k_b_stephens

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Chapter receives the Ammen award   Chapter receives the Ammen award EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 9:50 am

Great job guys!
Back to top Go down
jimmyd

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Chapter receives the Ammen award   Chapter receives the Ammen award EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 1:09 pm

Yes, DA did win an Ammen award for chapter excellence. Yet, the involvement from the alumni chapter is limited to a few dedicated brothers. Apparently, no money was available for convivium. I have no idea how many alumni brothers are paying dues. This information needs to be released. Who will be the new alumni president? What can be done to have more dialogue between the alumni chapter and the active chapter?

This web site is a good idea. However, few people have joined. Perhaps that fact sends a message.
Back to top Go down
k_b_stephens

k_b_stephens

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Chapter receives the Ammen award   Chapter receives the Ammen award EmptyTue Feb 13, 2007 10:12 am

Jimmy,

Not to dig up the past, but the loss of the house turned quite a few alumni brothers away from involvement, particularly the 90’s era. That, along with the lack of communication from the alumni president and officers, has left the alumni chapter in limbo. There hasn’t been an alumni newsletter (mailed) since 03-04 with a few mass emails since then. Convivum hasn’t happened since 04 and Bill Harper canceled the lake party this past year, which are the 2 major alumni events.

SO…..with the Active Chapter winning the Ammen and the advent of the new website/forum should get the blood pumping again. Perhaps an alumni brother will become inspired to take the reigns……
Back to top Go down
SapperRogers

SapperRogers

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Chapter receives the Ammen award   Chapter receives the Ammen award EmptyMon Feb 19, 2007 2:45 pm

There will be an alumni newsletter within a week. It is pretty much complete. The Active chapter is in need of some alumni help, and had been for quite some time. I do not feel that there is a good time or a bad time for alumni involvement, rather it is all the time. I know I am preaching to the choir, but we have got to work towards a higher purpose. The actives are well on their way. Let the past be just that.
Back to top Go down
TommyGlad

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Chapter receives the Ammen award   Chapter receives the Ammen award EmptyTue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm

Congrats on the Ammen guys! Good to see you guys are getting some of the things that need to be done, done. I'm especially happy about the grades, I never thought I'd see the day that we had above a 3.0! When I was around I was always just hoping for 2.5+ out of the cumulative chapter GPA....

As for the $$$ - one conversation I had with ole Jimmy D this weekend was you guys should take a different approach to fundraising. As much as it is nice when individuals can just randomly donate money, I think some people wonder where the money is actually going. (Although I hear my back dues bought you guys a nice TV - I'd like a plaque please! ha)...I think "asking" for money works to some extent but I think if you were to proactively engage alumni for help on things, the money will come. I know that I have constantly offered my 'advice' on things that you guys have going on or projects you would like to undertake...but have never gotten a call....

An idea that I had was to have an 'active brother' project of having each active contact a different Alumni each month...this will provide several beneficial things to Delta Alpha....it will involve the Alumni on a high level and the Actives can get to know the guys out there and maybe pick something up here and there...

Just a suggestion... cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter receives the Ammen award   Chapter receives the Ammen award Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter receives the Ammen award
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kappa Alpha Order :: Active-
Jump to: